At Samuel Kirk BM Ltd, we take how the a product was manufactured as seriously as the quality of the items we sell. We insist that all suppliers in our supply chain sign up to the Ethical Base Code of labour practice. This Base Code has been drawn up by The Ethical Trading Initiative and is based on the labour standards set by the International Labour Organisation (ILO). Some of the main criteria of the Ethical Base Code are as follows:
- There is no forced or bonded labour.
- Workers are free to leave their employers after reasonable notice.
- Workers are able to form and join trade unions and bargain collectively.
- Working conditions must be safe and hygienic.
- Regular and documented health and safety training and procedures.
- There shall be no use or recruitment of “child labour”.
- Living wages are paid.
- Working hours are not excessive.
- No discrimination is practised.
- Regular employment is provided.
- No harsh or inhumane treatment is allowed.
Can your supplier say the same?